We currently have an opening in our Maintenance Dept. for an experienced Maintenance Electrician Technician to work at our Corporate facility on Kimberly Park Drive. This is a 12 hour shift position with an excellent benefits package offered, paid time off, holiday and sick pay.
This role is responsible for the maintenance of all equipment including reaction systems, distillation systems, filters and pumps for all the plant. This individual will also provide maintenance responsibilities for the office and lab area, if needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operate various types of power equipment including saws, drills, pipe threaders and welders.
- Assist Maintenance Technician A in the installation or replacing of chemical processing equipment work on processing equipment
- Procure parts and supplies.
- Conduct plant housekeeping and landscaping duties as directed.
- Assure that the maintenance shop area is kept clean.
- Follow safety procedures and use proper safety equipment for all assigned tasks.
- Participate in Safety Programs
Qualifications – The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess intermediate knowledge of pipe fitting, carpentry, welding, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Have some knowledge of building, electrical codes and OSHA regulations.
- Competent reading and speaking the English language.
- Prior Maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of the company chemical process
- Good communication skills
This position has exposure to the chemical production area of the plant. Hard hats and safety glasses are required on the production floor and area at all times. Must be able to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32°F up to 105°F as well as work out side in all weather conditions.
Physical demands consisting standing, and walking. Physical requirements involve 25% sitting, 75% walking/standing, and minimum lifting requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
Must be able to:
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
- See and hear in the normal range with or without correction
- Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
- Ability to lift and carry up to up to 50 pounds, frequently.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on occasion.
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to SOP for facial hair
guidelines. Must remain clean shaved as a requirement for the job to wear a respirator.
- Able to work in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
Direct reports No direct reports. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Technician A or Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
Only those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications will be considered. We are a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. Excellent benefits package is offered with this full time position.
Passing of pre-employment testing, respirator/fit testing, drug screen and satisfactory background check is required. Come and be apart of our growing team at MFG Chemical, LLC!
To apply, please submit resume online.