Coronavirus (COVID-19) Planning and Response
MFG Chemical is committed to the safety of our employees and their families, as well as our suppliers, customers and stakeholders. The outbreak of COVID-19 has prompted companies to implement enhanced policies to mitigate the spread and effects of the virus. The enclosed information summarizes MFG’s ongoing activities to maintain a safe work environment and minimize disruptions to our business partners.
Continuity of Supply Logistics and Product Delivery
- We are monitoring the spread of COVID-19, corresponding developments and governmental actions.
- We are in regular communications with our supplier partners to understand current and forecasted impacts to raw material availability. This includes any challenges to production, packaging and transporting of raw materials.
- We are in regular communications with our logistics service providers to understand and forecast potential impacts to our ability to deliver products safely to our customers.
Coordination with Governmental Authorities
- We are monitoring communication outputs by WHO, CDC, state and local health departments.
- We have reached out to local health departments to confirm protocols for preventing exposure and managing confirmed and suspected cases. We have incorporated these protocols into our internal policies and practices.
Employee and Visitor Safety
- Travel restrictions have been implemented. International travel is currently suspended. Domestic travel is limited to business-essential and is authorized only after executive review and approval. Approval considerations include review of destination, method of travel, risk of exposure to all parties and alternatives to travel.
- MFG has suspended attendance to external conventions and other large gatherings.
- In addition to travel restrictions, MFG will be assessing potential risks associated with hosting visitors to our locations. Prior to confirming travel to one of our locations, visitors can expect inquiries into recent travel, contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients and status of symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and disinfecting activities and worked with our PPE suppliers to assure availability.
- Isolation and quarantine protocols consistent with health department guidelines are ready to be implemented if needed.
- Company-wide communications have been established to keep our employees informed of COVID-19 developments, recommended precautions, actions taken by the company to mitigate risk, clarifying policies and sources of information they can access to learn more about the COVID-19 outbreak.
We welcome collaboration with our business partners and stakeholders to share knowledge and best practices on illness prevention and business continuity. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on our website at www.mfgchemical.com/news/.
Please feel free to reach out to your contact within MFG anytime if you have questions.