Shipping/Receiving CDL Driver
Department: Shipping & Receiving
This role is responsible for all shipping and receiving duties and to prepare outgoing shipments and confirm shipment accuracy to ensure the correct shipment is shipped out to customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operate various types of transportation and materials handling equipment including trucks, trailers, tank wagons, and forklifts under the direction of a Warehouse Shipping Operator A and Plant Manager.
- Load and unload trucks including dry box and tankers.
- Placed received raw materials and finished in the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner.
- Participate in packaging, labeling and shipping of materials.
- Maintain shipping records and documents in accordance with company SOP’s.
- Follow safety procedures and use proper safety equipment for all assigned tasks.
- Assist in maintenance activities that relate to transportation and/or materials handling equipment as required.
- Provide material handling assistance through the use of hand trucks, powered lift trucks, cranes, etc.
- Participate in warehouse cleaning and general maintenance; Maintain warehouse in a neat and organized manner
- Participate in Driver Certification Program that provides training for new employees in the operation of transportation equipment used at MFG Chemical
- This position reports directly to the Warehouse Shipping Supervisor or Operator A.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this job include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess basic mathematical skills.
- Physically able to drive company vehicles
- Competent reading and speaking English language
- Possess a valid driver’s license, preferably with a Class A CDL endorsement.
- Not disqualified under the Federal Motor Carrier Administration Part 391.15
- Ability to comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific
- Ability to safely operate an industrial fork truck
- Ability to wear a respirator and remain clean shaved
- DOT HazMat Transportation Highway Carrier Certification/Endorsement
- Basic Knowledge of warehouse practices
- Basic Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
This position has exposure to the chemical production area of the plant. Harts hats and safety glasses are required on the production floor and area at all times. Must be able to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 32°F up to 105°F as well as work out side in all weather conditions.
Physical demands consisting primarily of standing, and walking. 25% sitting, 75% walking/standing, and minimum lifting requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
Position Requirements: Physical requirements involve 25% sitting, 75% walking/standing, and minimum requirements under 65 lbs. from the knees and waist.
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
- Clean shaved and remain clean shaved as part of the job requirements for wearing a respirator
- See and hear in the normal range with or without correction
- Communicate and be understood verbally and in written form
- Able to work in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
Direct reports No direct reports.